The progress made over the last few years in the lithium battery sector has ensured that, even in the industrial field, this type of battery is becoming increasingly popular, to the detriment of the more classic lead-acid batteries. Lithium ion batteries have a high energy density and are perfect for cyclical applications. Compared to traditional lead-acid batteries, lithium ion batteries offer various advantages in terms of savings, volume, weight and recharge cycles.
WHY CHOOSE A LITHIUM BATTERY?
- Very low self-discharge (3% month), about half compared to Nickel batteries.The classic lead acid batteries have values of around 1% per day!
- High Coulomb efficiency (ratio between discharge capacity and charging capacity), values over 90%.Lead acid batteries have values of about 70%
- No memory effect
- Low maintenance
- High efficiency and “life cycle”
In its systems SCE uses batteries with Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) technology, a type that guarantees high thermal and chemical stability and provides more safety features than other lithium-ion technologies.
- Iron Phosphate cells are incombustible in the event of management errors during charging or discharging, they are more stable in conditions of overcharging or short circuit and can withstand high temperatures. When a problem occurs, the phosphate-based cathode material does not release oxygen, does not burn and is much less susceptible to an uncontrolled increase in temperature
- Iron Phosphate cells can withstand very high currents and powers
- They offer a longer life and constitute a significant improvement in terms of this and security
|Dimensions (LxDxH)||116x46x183 mm||115x61x203 mm||143x616x218 mm||179x62x218 mm||142x67x218 mm||209x65x280 mm|
|Weight||1,5 Kg||2,3 Kg||3,0 Kg||3,3 Kg||3,5 Kg||5,6 Kg|
|Capacity||40 Ah||60 Ah||90 Ah||100 Ah||100 Ah||160 Ah|
|Life Cycle (DOD 80%)||≥3000 cycles|
|Life Cycle (DOD 70%)||≥5000 cycles|
|Dimensions (LxDxH)||362×55.5×256 mm||183x100x280 mm||362×55.5×283 mm||362×55.5×306 mm||461x65x283.5 mm||627x67x306 mm|
|Weight||7,3 Kg||7,7 Kg||8,7 Kg||9,6 Kg||13,5 Kg||21,5 Kg|
|Capacity||200 Ah||200 Ah||260 Ah||300 Ah||400 Ah||700 Ah|
|Life Cycle (DOD 80%)||≥3000 cycles||≥5000 cycles|
|Life Cycle (DOD 70%)||≥5000 cycles||≥7000 cycles|
|WORKING TEMPERATURE IN CHARGE / DISCHARGE: -45°C ∼ 85°C|
|MAXIMUM CHARGE CURRENT: ≤ 3CA / MAXIMUM DISCHARGE CURRENT: costant ≤ 3CA – Impulsive ≤ 20CA|
|VOLTAGE: in charge = 4.0V – in discharge 2.8V|
|STANDARD CURRENT CHARGE/DISCHARGE: 0.5C|
|SELF DISCHARGE: ≤ 3% per month